Complete the online application or you can complete the entire process in person at an application center.
Schedule an appointment online or call (855) 347-8371 weekdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments take priority.
Visit a TWIC application center to:
- Provide required documentation, be fingerprinted and take a facial photo. Bring your current U.S. passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate. See other acceptable documents.
- Pay a non-refundable fee valid for five years with a credit card, money order, company check or certified/cashier’s check.
- New applicant: $125.25
- New applicant reduced rate: $105.25*
- Replacement card: $60
- You can have your card mailed to your home address or you can pick it up at the application center. You can check your status online at any time.
To be eligible for the reduced rate you must present a valid driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement, or a Free and Secure Trade card. Please note, if you select the reduced rate, your new TWIC card will be valid for five years from the chosen document’s issuance date.
You may apply if you are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, naturalized citizen or a nonimmigrant alien, asylee, or refugee who is in lawful status.
Applicants may be ineligible due to:
- Incomplete or false application information.
- Disqualifying criminal offenses and factors.